Belcamp, Maryland, USA
Phone: (410) 272-8862
- a 3D hybrid MOM/UTD/FDFD code
100 Exploration Way, Suite 310-B
Hampton VA 23666
- A suite of numerical modeling codes including a boundary element method codes that employs a multi-level
fast multipole method (MLFMM) accelerator for large problems. The suite also includes a finite element code
and high frequency PO/GO/UTD codes.
- Formerly a product of CEDRAT/Magsoft, Flux is a finite element software application used for electromagnetic and thermal physics simulations, both in 2D and 3D.
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Telephone: (724) 746-3304
Fax: (724) 746-9494
- 2D and 3D electrostatic, magnetostatic, and low-frequency magnetic finite element
analysis codes for electro-mechanical designs.
- One of the most well known and powerful 3D full-wave finite element codes, HFSS was originally developed and marketed by AnSoft. After AnSoft was acquired by Ansys, an integral equation solver was added to the HFSS package. Both solvers share a similar user interface.
- Q3D Extractor
- A 3D static BEM code plus a 2D FEM code for extracting RLCG parameters from electrically
- SIwave allows an analysis of the power and signal nets of the device to be generated from a physical
description of the device, allowing engineers to model not only individual
components, but also entire PCBs and package structures.
Applied Simulation Technology, Inc.
2025 Gateway Place, Suite 318
San Jose, CA 95110
- Signal Integrity
- ApsimSI - PCB: Advanced Signal Integrity Simulator for PCB
- ApsimSI - IC: Advanced Signal Integrity Simulator for ICs
- ApsimPI-LSI: Full Chip Power Integrity considering Silicon Substrate Effects
- ApsimFDTD: 3D-full wave Electromagnetic Simulator
- ApsimFDTD-SPICE: Full Wave Non-linear Signal Integrity and EMI Solution
- ApsimFDTD-SPAR: Full Wave Electromagnetic Solver
- ApsimDELTA-I: Ground/Power Plane Noise Simulator
- ApsimSPE: Signal Integrity, Power Integrity and EMI Simulator.
- ApsimRADIA: EMC/EMI Radiated Emission Noise Simulation.
- ApsimRADIA-WB: Design Workbench for EMI Analysis.
Aurora Software and Testing
Phone: +34 96 354 32 63
Fax: +34 96 354 36 33
- FEST3D is a microwave circuit analysis tool that employs the boundary element method.
It also employs a Boundary Integral-Resonant Mode Expansion (BI-RME) method to extract the
modal components of waveguides with arbitrary cross-section.
2655 Seely Avenue
San Jose, CA 95134
Phone: (408) 943-1234
- Allegro Sigrity SI Base
- A special-purpose FDTD solver for modeling interactions in multi-layer chip packages and
printed circuit boards integrated with the Allegro board layout software.
- Allegro Sigrity PowerSI
- Frequency domain analysis of chip packages and circuit board geometries integrated with the Allegro board layout software.(formerly Sigrity PowerSI)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA
- Wave3D is a 3D full-wave field solver based on the method-of-moments and enhanced with O(N logN) acceleration algorithms that are applicable to a wide range of models.
Brook Road, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 2BJ, UK
Telephone: +44 (0) 1202 882020
Fax: +44 (0) 1202 849401
- 2D FEM software for electrostatics and magnetostatics, including eddy current effects, motional induced
currents, and space charge effects.
- A suite of simulation tools for 3D electrostatic and magnetostatic modeling including finite element modeling tools and pre- and post-processing modules.
State College, PA, USA
Phone: +1 (814) 441-9403
- Parallel FDTD software that supports multiple core processors and multiple processor systems.
Tel: +49 6151 7303 0
Fax: +49 6151 718057
- CST Microwave Studio
- ECAD tool for HF applications, using a "Perfect Boundary Approximation".
Includes time-domain and frequency-domain solver modules.
- CST Cable Studio
- CST Cable Studio is a collection of time and frequency domain codes for analyzing wires and cable harnesses.
It is based on a tool that was formerly known as Simlab CableMod.
- CST EM Studio
- A general purpose Quasi-static 2D and 3D solver. Contains both electrostatic and magnetostatic
- CST EMC Studio
- A range of solvers to allow emissions and susceptibility to be investigated across a range of different components. In addition to general purpose time and frequency domain solvers, CST EMCS also includes cable harness solvers, EDA and CAD import tools, circuit simulation tools, PCB design rule checking and compact models for simulating vents and seams efficiently.
- CST PCB Studio
- CST PCB Studio is a collection of field solvers (3D PEEC, 2D/3D BEM) for printed circuit board modeling.
It was formerly marketed by Simlab and called PCBMod.
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- 2D and 3D static, and low-frequency (quasi-static) analysis tools based on the finite
element method. The AC/DC Module provides an interface with SPICE circuit lists where you
choose circuit elements for further 2D or 3D FEA modeling.
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Full-wave field solver based on the finite
element method. The RF Module includes post-processing features such as S-parameter
computation and far-field analysis.
53115 Bonn, Germany
- MMANA-GAL (Pro Version)
- A Microsoft Windows program, based on the method of moments, for simulating wire antennas This is based on NEC2 and is an enhanced version of the free MMANA-GAL program.
SE-192 72 Sollentuna
Phone: +46 (0)8 410 03 510
- An environment for computing with parallelized solvers for distributed and shared memory
multi-processor architectures and out-of-core support. The environment includes FDTD, FETD, MOM
and MLFMM solvers.
Electro Magnetic Applications, Inc.
PO Box 260263
Denver, CO USA 80226
Phone: 303 980 0070
Fax: 303 980 0836
- EMA3D is a general purpose, 3D FDTD code.
- MHarness is a FDTD code for multi-conductor transmission lines and cable harnesses.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Phone: 514 489 5473
Fax: 514 489 3505
- Advanced Transmission Line Analysis and Synthesis System
- EMS is a 3D-field simulator for low frequency electromagnetic and electromechanical applications.
EMS combines a high level of functionality and accuracy with ease-of-use, and is
applicable in a wide variety of designs.
- HFWorks is a fully 3D field simulator for RF, Microwave, and Wireless applications.
These applications include: dielectric resonators, oscillators, tuning elements, waveguide twists and
bends, waveguide tees, directional couplers, isolators, circulators, attenuators, antennas,
high Q filters, etc.
Osaka 556-0004, JAPAN
- A 3D Non-Linear Static Magnetic Field Solver (Japanese language)
- A 3D Non-Linear Static Electric Field Solver (Japanese language)
775 Technology Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Toll Free: 800-996-EMAG
- A suite of computational modules for solving a wide range of EM analysis and RF design problems. Runs under the Windows operating system.
- EM Slice
- Software primarily for antenna pattern calculation that includes an FDTD solver. This is a new company based in Australia.
Phone: +995 32 38-90-91
Fax: +995 32 38-90-92
- EMC Studio
- EMC Studio is a program suite for the calculation of the EMC behavior
of large systems like automobiles, ships or planes. It focuses on the EMC calculation of
cable harnesses with nonlinear terminations and antennas in combination with metallic surface
structures. The program combines 2D and 3D field calculation methods with transmission line
codes and network analysis. 2D MAS (Static2D), 3D dynamic MoM (TriD), 3D static MoM (Static3D),
MTL codes for cable cross-talk/ coupling/ radiation calculation and a network analysis code
are combined in this program suite.
- Antenna VLab
- Antenna VLab is simulation software especially suited for antenna calculations. It uses a 3D frequency-domain MoM solver based on the EFIE.
Arbitrary metallic surfaces may be represented with a combination of triangles, wires and surface
to wire junctions. The software runs under Windows and Linux. The out-of-core solver
calculates large problems on simple PC's. A parallel in-core and out-of-core solver is
- Harness Studio
- Harness Studio includes different tool-sets for visualization and checking of harness data.
Durham, NC USA
- Moderately priced 3D FDTD software with a user-friendly interface and ability to create animations.
- Moderately priced introductory 3D FDTD software with a user-friendly interface and ability to
- Cavity resonance model calculator for determining circuit board power/ground plane impedances.
- 3D FDTD-based simulation software with pre- and post-processing tools for working with vehicle
designs created on CAD systems.
- A Windows-based code that runs a graphical user interface over the NEC2 or NEC4 codes.
NEC2 and NEC4 are moment method codes that excel at wire grid modeling. NEC4 distribution is
Via de Castillia, 7
20871 Vimercate (MB) Italy
- A Windows port (with bug fixes) of the popular open-source static moment method code, FastCap, designed to calculate the capacitance of 3D geometries. Can be downloaded at no charge after registering on the FastFieldSolver.com website.
- A Windows port (with bug fixes) of the popular open-source static moment method code, FastHenry, designed to calculate the inductance of 3D geometries. Can be downloaded at no charge after registering on the FastFieldSolver.com website.
- A commercial version of FastCap with 2D and 3D simulation engine, automatic mesh refinement and various other enhancements.
1256 Beach Drive
Victoria, BC V8S 2N3
- MEFiSTo-3D Pro
- A full-wave 3D modeling code employing the Transmission Line Matrix (TLM) method
- MEFiSTo-2D Classic
- A free 2D modeling code employing the Transmission Line Matrix (TLM) method
Shiodome City Center
Minato-ku, Tokyo Japan 105-7123
- Poynting for Microwave
- The Poynting for Microwave electromagnetic wave analysis software runs under the Windows operating system and is equipped with various functions for high-frequency wave analysis. This product employs a solver based on the FDTD method and a graphical user interface.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- A 3D finite-element package that includes a mesh generator, field calculator and interactive radio frequency analysis.
- Quasi-static 3D finite-element software employing conformal hexahedron meshes. Includes a mesh generator and solution packages for electrostatics, magnetostatics and
- 2D finite-element software employing a conformal triangular mesh. Includes packages for electrostatics,
magnetostatics, pulsed magnets, permanent magnets, charged particle guns, thermal
transport, frequency and time-domain electromagnetics.
- Relatively inexpensive conformal wire grid modeling software based on a method of moments solution of the electric field integral equation.
Allen, TX, USA
Phone: (972)727-8008 (voice/FAX)
- Antenna Solver
- Antenna Solver (copyright 1999 by Dr. David Fluckiger, KJ5AT) calculates the current density
and charges for general wire structures including surfaces. The Antenna Solver calculation
engine (algorithms) are modeled directly on the public domain NEC2 code
(Numerical Electromagnetics Code - Method of Moments) from the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory.
The original NEC2 code
was written in FORTRAN, and that user interface is control card deck oriented.
The NEC2 algorithms in Antenna Solver have been entirely rewritten in C++, using dynamic array
- Grating Solver
- GSOLVER calculates diffracted fields and diffraction efficiencies from plane wave illumination
of grating structures.
Phone: +49 (0)2842-981-0
Fax: +49 (0)2842-981-199
- Empire XCcel
- Empire XCcel is a commercial 3D FDTD speed-optimized code with a 3D geometry editor and mesh generator
which covers passive RF applications. A free 30-day trial version is available.
phone: (514) 849-8752
fax: (514) 849-4239
- 2D/3D magnetostatic, electrostatic, eddy current, and transient analysis
- a low-frequency electric field solver
391 Springfield Avenue
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Phone: (908) 517-0748
- EMX is an electromagnetic simulator for high-frequency, RF, and mixed-signal integrated circuits employing a planar 3D, integral equation solver.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- A 2-D magnetostatic solver with permanent magnet (PM) capability using the boundary element
- A 2-D electrostatic solver using the boundary element method (BEM)
- A 3-D magnetostatic solver with permanent magnet (PM) capability using the boundary element
- A 3-D electrostatic solver using the boundary element method (BEM)
- A 2-D low-frequency time-harmonic magnetic field solver with permanent magnet (PM)
capability using the boundary element method (BEM)
- A 3-D time-harmonic eddy current analysis based on the (BEM)
- A 3-D code employing the boundary element method
- A 3-D FDTD solver
D-85640 Putzbrunn, Germany
Tel.: +49(0)89 460 65 68,
- A suite of finite element codes designed to model the propagation and scattering of light.
The Japan Research Institute,Ltd.
16 Ichibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0082, Japan.
Tel: +81 3 3288 4765
Fax: +81 3 3288 4770
- JMAG-Studio set of 2 and 3D finite element codes with a user-friendly interface.
Currently it can analyze the following kinds of problems:
- magnetic fields (frequency & time domain)
- heat conduction
- electric fields
- electric charge distributions
- electromagnetic waves
- superconductor materials
- coupled analysis involving circuits, heat, motion and structural analysis.
Phone: +1 (800) 829-4444
Fax: +1 (800) 829-4433
- Electromagnetic simulation of arbitrarily-shaped, passive three-dimensional structures using the
Finite Element Method. EMDS is integrated into Keysight's Advanced Design System (ADS), a suite of simulation tools for
electronic design automation. The previously available stand-alone version has been superseded by EMPro.
- Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro) is an EM simulator employing both FDTD and FEM solvers for analyzing the electromagnetic
effects of RF and microwave components such as high-speed IC packages, antennas, on-chip and
off-chip embedded passives and PCB interconnects.
- Genesys EM
- Genesys EM is a planar-3D electromagnetic simulator based on the method of lines that
analyzes linear RF and microwave circuit board components such as filters, multiplexers, amplifiers, combiners/dividers and printed antennas.
- Momentum 3D Planar EM Simulator
- Momentum 3D Planar EM Simulator is a method-of-moments, 3D-planar EM simulator, enhanced with NlogN and multi-threading solver algorithms.
11951 Freedom Drive
Reston, VA 20190
- A suite of specialized computational electromagnetic modeling tools.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Tel: +1 604 733 9006
Fax: +1 604 733 3188
- FDTD Solutions
- Full wave FDTD software for optical applications.
Hamburg, NY, USA
Tel: (716) 646-8577
Fax: (716) 646-1973
- MagneForce Software Systems
- MagneForce Software Systems produces simulation software for the rotating electric machine industry.
This software simulates both the machine and its corresponding drive/load circuitry together to
capture the full effects of magnetic, spatial and time based harmonics.
The software employs finite element analysis for the magnetic field calculation and various
time based circuit solution techniques for the circuit simulation portion of the analysis.
Phone +39 347 8279009
- This tool is an integral equation-based full wave simulator, using a new approach:
the Generalized Transverse Resonance Diffraction (GTRD), addressing the solution of quasi-planar
multilayer circuits. Unlike the several MoM techniques commercially available for planar structures,
this simulator is a truly 3D device, accounting for the finite-thickness and finite
conductivity of the conductors.
Fremont, CA 94538
- HyperLynx Fast ED Solver
- 3D electrostatic and magnetostatic solvers for extracting RLCG package parasitics.
- HyperLynx Full-Wave Solver
- (formerly IE3D from Zeland Software) a full wave, method of moment, 3D and planar electromagnetic simulation and optimization package for
circuit and antenna applications.
28195 Bremen, Germany
Phone: +49 (421) 168 993 51
- μWave Wizard
- μWave Wizard is an EM modeling tool optimized for microwave circuits and components.
It's primary solver uses a mode-matching technique, but is also includes a 3D FEM solver.
(Formerly AWR Corporation, now a division of National Instruments)
1960 E. Grand Avenue
El Segundo, CA, USA 90245
Phone: (310) 726-3000
FAX: (310) 726-3005
- Microwave Office
- Microwave Office design suite is a design environment that incorporates: circuit
simulators, EM analysis
tools, layout-schematic checks, statistical design capabilities, and parametric cell libraries with
built-in DRC. The primary applications for this software are microwave IC, MMIC, package, module, and
PCB designs. The EM analysis tools include AWR's own EM Sight™ 3D planar MoM closed boundary solver as
well as access to MOM 3D planar and FEA/FDTD 3D EM codes from third party vendors like CST, Vector Fields,
Zeland and more.
- Analyst is a finite element electromagnetic analysis package that was formerly developed and
marketed by Simulation Technology & Applied Research, Inc. AWR acquired the company in 2009.
- AXIEM open boundary, 3D planar MOM software is the most recent addition to AWR's product portfolio.
AXIEM 3D planar EM simulator is used for modeling planar structures common to RF PCBs and modules, LTCC,
MMIC, and RFIC designs.
- Analog Office Design Suite
- Analog Office is optimized for analog and RFIC designs. It leverages AWR's
model to provide designers with a concurrent, interconnect-driven, and RF-aware design
integration of RFIC design technologies from system to final tape-out, including: design
simulation, optimization, layout, extraction, and verification. The EM analysis includes
NET-AN 3D RCLK parasitic extraction tool as well as to other EM tools via AWR's EM Socket.
Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Guadalajara
Avenida de Buendía, 11
19005 Guadalajara (Spain)
Phone: +34 91 88 56 701
- NewFasant is an Electromagnetic Simulation Software Suite consisting of modules that run under the Windows operating system. Modules employ the method of moments and/or GTD techniques.
Tucson, AZ 85705
Phone: (520) 888-5920
Fax: (520) 888-5901
- Sim3D_Max™ FDTD Simulator
- This simulation package, which implements the FDTD algorithm on a non-uniform mesh,
is designed to run as a stand-alone program as well as in conjunction with DIFFRACT™.
It solves for PML, PEC, periodic and Floquet-Bloch boundary conditions and can be used with
plane wave, Gaussian, dipole, waveguide and user-defined sources.
Phone (403) 289-0499
- OptEM Cable Designer
- OptEM Cable Designer is a frequency dependent quasi-stationary EM analysis tool for
modeling multi-conductor flex, unshielded twisted-pair and twisted-pair cables.
Output results generated include S-parameter plots such as FEXT, NEXT, and return loss; text
reports with transmission parameters, attenuation, and characteristic impedance; also available
are 3D viewing, W-element SPICE models, temperature variation analysis, and a measurement
modification facility for back annotation of measurement data.
- OptEM Inspector
- OptEM Inspector is a layout-to-circuit device and interconnect RC extraction tool for
deep submicron (DSM) analog, digital and mixed signal IC designs with the ability to extract
device substrate resistance in addition to the interconnect resistance and 3D capacitances.
The extraction methods used by Inspector incorporate 3D and heuristic 2D techniques. Circuit
reduction techniques are used to reduce the size and complexity of the circuit models generated.
The circuit models include 2D and 3D capacitance, interconnect resistance, substrate resistance,
and device parasitics.
10620 E 46th Ave
Spokane Valley, WA 99206 USA
Phone: +1 (509) 891-0160
FAX: +1 (509) 891-0239
- Flex PDE
- FlexPDE solves linear or nonlinear partial differential equation systems in one, two or
three space dimensions with moving mesh capability.
Steady state, time dependent or eigenvalues. 3D domains are layered extrusions
of 2D figures. Student version is available free of charge for educational use.
7000 North Valley St Suite #B
Anaheim, CA 92801 USA
Phone: (650) 687-7638
- 2.5D time-domain electromagnetic modeling software for planar-circuit and antenna simulation
QWED Sp. z o.o.
ul. Nowowiejska 28 lok. 32
tel.: (+48) 22 625 73 19
fax.: (+48) 22 621 62 99
- QuickWave-V2D, further also referred by an abbreviation QW-V2D, utilizes a conformal
FDTD method in a vector two-dimensional formulation, expressed in cylindrical coordinates.
- QuickWave-3D, further also referred by an abbreviation QW-3D, is a three-dimensional
electromagnetic simulation package based on a conformal FDTD method and supplemented with a
range of models for curved boundaries, media interfaces, modal excitation, and parameter
- QW-CX is a a specialized 2D package for the analysis and design of coaxial connectors.
A full-wave approach is utilized, allowing for such effects as tapers, gaps in inner connector,
315 S. Allen St. Suite 222
State College, PA 16801
- 3D full-wave Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) software with an X/Motif graphical interface.
- a general purpose ray-based electromagnetic analysis tool suitable for high frequency
and EMC applications. XGtd combines GTD, UTD, and Surface Rays.
Phone: +41 1 245 9700
Fax: +41 1 245 9779
- SEMCAD X
- Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) / thermal solver combined with a GUI for analysis,
optimization and synthesis of antennas embedded in complex environments, EMC and dosimetry
North Syracuse, NY, USA
Phone: +1 (315) 453-3096
Toll Free: 1-877-7SONNET
- Sonnet Lite
- free software for modeling predominantly planar structures.
- Sonnet Suites
- 3D moment method software optimized for predominantly planar structures. (e.g. microwave and
millimeter-wave integrated circuits and modules or even multi-layer PCBs)
Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg
- CONCEPT II
- A 3D electromagnetic code using a frequency-domain MoM method based on the EFIE and MFIE. Metallic and
dielectric structures can be modeled. Applications include simulation of shielding
problems (with and without apertures), cables and lines within metallic structures (combination of MoM and
transmission line theory), and Printed Circuit Boards. For treating large
structures, the code has been hybridized (MoM and Physical Optics). The software runs on PC platforms under
LINUX and on workstations under UNIX variants. The code has been parallelized for
multiprocessor PCs and PC clusters. GUI monitors facilitate the application.
Boulder, CO 80303
Phone: +1 (303) 448-0727
- VSim for Electromagnetics
- A 3D FDTD code that can handle a variety of material types.
Tarzana, CA, USA
Phone: (818) 831-9662
- A relatively easy-to-use 2D finite element modeling code.
A shareware version for students is available.
1800 Martin L. King, Jr. Pkwy
Durham, NC 27707, USA
- Wavenology EM
- Wavenology EM is a general-purpose 3D full-wave based field-circuit-particle co-simulation software package for the design of high-speed electronic circuits, smart antenna systems, non-linear quantum, RF/microwave and optical devices. Wavenology EM utilizes 3D full-wave domain decomposition and discontinuous Galerkin techniques combining the enlarged cell technique (ECT, an improved version of the conformal finite difference time-domain method (FDTD)), spectral element time-domain (SETD) method, and finite-element time-domain (FETD) method to simulate electromagnetic wave propagation and scattering behaviors in complex multiscale environments. It also combines SPICE circuit solver and particle in cell trajectory solver within the full-wave package so that the user can perform codesign of circuit controlled, reconfigurable transmitters and receivers, investigate system-level non-linear EMC/EMI issues and model novel quantum devices.
New York, NY, USA
Phone: (415) 949-3010
- a 3D finite element time-domain solver for Maxwell's equations, with integrated
pre- and post-processing tools.
Telephone: +381 11 2124 656
Fax: +381 11 301 56 55
- WIPL-D Pro
- A frequency domain Method of Moments code for analyzing arbitrary 3D structures.
- WIPL-D Microwave Pro
- A tool that integrates WIPL-D Pro 3D EM solver and WIPL-D Optimizer.
- WIPL-D 2D Solver
- WIPL-D 2D Solver is integrated with WIPL-D Pro, so that arbitrary cross-section from a 3D model with material specifications can be easily extracted for 2D electromagnetic analysis.
- Time-Domain Solver
- A time-domain add-on tool for WIPL-D Pro 3D EM Solver for transient analysis of 3D structures.
The time-domain response is calculated based on frequency domain simulation in WIPL-D Pro and the
The tool is integrated into WIPL-D Pro so the frequency domain simulation and conversion to
time-domain are performed automatically.
ISquareIT Campus P-14
Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park
Phase 1, Hinjwadi
Pune - 411057. India
- EMWaveZ™ is a Finite Volume Time Domain (FVTD) electromagnetics simulation module that solves Maxwell's equations in a scattered field formulation. It is designed for computations of the radar cross-section (RCS) of metallic and dielectric configurations.